"It is our function as artists to make the spectator to see the world our way, attempt to make art more than just something to look at, we want it to be something to be involved in, something too big to ignore."

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I even dream about jewelry...







I just had a dream where I was given a black velvet box with a pair of small gold looped earrings in it, each had a dark polished stone dangling from it and were priced at $100. When I looked closer into the stone you could faintly see that there was a tiny silvery human skeleton crouched in fetal position in each one. They were suppose to be ancient and to have special powers. It was the coolest find and I bought them immediately. Now as I wake up I do find this to be very macabre in nature but still amazingly creative and unique, even if it was just a dream.




Also I remember seeing all sorts of other jewelry around, some of which was made of colorful paperclips set into intricate flower and almost damask looking designs for statement necklaces, bracelets, belts, and earrings. I used to make jewelry out of such things for fun as a kid, I wouldn't be surprised to find this actually out making a debut in a Marc by Marc Jacobs show next S/S. I almost feel compelled to make some myself!

No comments: