"It is our function as artists to make the spectator to see the world our way, attempt to make art more than just something to look at, we want it to be something to be involved in, something too big to ignore."

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Back again. Say goodbye 2010.







A new beginning from an end.
The things I did in 2010.

#1. I did hair. Lots of it.

For more than half the year you could easily find me at my home away from home, Hairpolice, making locks longer and more beautiful by the minute.
One change in 2011 is that I will for the first time in my life work there 3-4 days a week as to make room for more fashion and domestic projects I have up my sleeve. Look for jewelry and accessories on the horizon!

#2. I did freelance shoots and shows.

For the fun of it and to build my portfolio I took part in photo shoots, shows and fashion competitions. I styled, designed, coifed, and made up some beauties, and even had a different rendition from this shoot on a billboard in Uptown for the Lyndale Tap House.

#3. I designed a RTW line.

This was my first ready to wear line for Oishiimomo. I typically do more couture stylings, but it was fun to make some more wearable pieces for the I Feel Love show. Look at older posts in my blog to read more about that line and show.

#4. I got my own piece of NY in MN.

This little morsel drove all 20+ hours from The Big Apple to The Minapple to shack up with lil' ol' me on December 24th 2009. The poor thing even had to shovel within the first few hours of her arrival to this frozen tundra. I'm a lucky girl to have her close by every single day. Long distant relationships can suck it!! (lol)

#5. I got engaged!

Well, we got as close as we could to legally get married in the state by signing our domestic partnership papers and getting some very nice promise rings. Now as we all know that doesn't equal the same thing as an actual heterosexual marriage in MN, but we're doing the best we can so far We have started planning the actual wedding which is incredibly exciting for me! :) This will be the biggest style event of my LIFE!! I have even picked out my engagement/wedding ring and ordered my shoes already, which I will feature in my next blog.

So 2010 was pretty eventful for me, and 2011 doesn't look too shabby so far! Here's to wishing you all a fashionable and prosperous New Year and hoping mine will be too! XO to all of you!

1 comment:

DOMESTICBABE said...

you're such an inspiration to me kenzie!