"It is our function as artists to make the spectator to see the world our way, attempt to make art more than just something to look at, we want it to be something to be involved in, something too big to ignore."

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I suppose I should write something...

But friends, my mind has taken over my body. My brain is frozen into a nightmare feeling that rushes through my veins. It tires me. It sickens me. I wish I was that cloud today... I do. I can't pinpoint where this all came from, it's a compilation of sadness, anxiety, trouble, and pain. It's everything going on and nothing at all. 

I am loved and in love and yet that can't sew up my open wounds. What can? I have tried relaxing, naps, yoga, food, music, alone time, pills (prescription), cuddles, kitties, movies, puppies, wine, video games, friends, and everything else in between. The only thing that made me feel nearly normal was cleaning and laughter. So strange. I think I need to get a "few" things done. And by a few I mean A MILLION! It's killing me from the inside out. No more avoidance. I have to do it now. 



I have promised you that I would provide music inspiration. So I will link you to something that suits my mood. Its 
Mazzy Star
. If you haven't heard of them, then you need to listen to it now. She is amazing. The song "In to dust" is my mood at the moment. I wish I was just dust. It's done today. DONE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loooove Mazzy Star! I bought their second album a few years after it came out and have reveled in them ever since.

Are you feeling better? Maybe I'll run into you at Pride this weekend!