"It is our function as artists to make the spectator to see the world our way, attempt to make art more than just something to look at, we want it to be something to be involved in, something too big to ignore."

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Today... Thursday June 12th

Now, ok. As promised I will be sharing with you some new music to enjoy for yourself. I have been listening to a few things lately. One of which is Farah, I really enjoy the Law Of Life song from the 2007 album, Italians do it better (they do).

AND.... a few things that have happened in the last few days. I don't think I will be going with First Avenue this year for the E.C.C.. They were and are simply way too unorganized and unprofessional for me to deal with at the moment. This is coming from little scattered me... that is pretty bad. I am talking to a few other venues for my presentation. Either way, it is still going to happen and be SICK!

I have shown Kristen a few samples of artwork to inspire her to stylize my logo a little different. This is what she has come up with so far :






It's a little better I would have to say. She is adding a few more things in the hair and such and I think then it will be perfecto.

Yesterday Jess and I had a wonderful day even in the midst of stormy weather. I am so lucky to have a great girl around that knows how to keep me smiling! - ok thats it for today. ttys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you thought about theatre de la june lune. i was at a very sick party there once with many dance troups and breakdancers from all over the country. the atmosphere blew me away. it is true you probably would have to build a runway if you wanted the audience not just in the seating, but seriously i have never seen a more beautiful atmosphere in and of itself.
oh and i love the new logo, but the second one the peach looks more like a rasberry/pomegranate (in my mind what they look like)/strawberry...just not a peach as much as in the first. just thought maybe you want to make the girl more noir but keep the integrity of the peach (being in your name. but either way i love it. moving in on monday. hold on to your pants, things gonna be crazy (in a good way) and i can be driving miss daisy (you all around the town), only if you where a funny old hat ;) call me

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite! I'm excited to keep tabs on all things Mackenzie. Good luck with finding a venue for your show--I still think Ground Zero would be perfect.

Your newest logo is definitely more kawaii-noir, but I agree with the first comment. It looks like the peach is either part strawberry or rotting (though maybe a rotting peach *is* more noir?).

oishiimomo said...

it is supposed to be a rotting peach.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...well then...good job! ;)